Click On Images to See Full Size


I am just an enthusiastic photographer living in the beautiful Scottish Borders, where I simply enjoy my hobby photographing the countryside.Most of my images are taken in and around the Tweed Valley, sometimes venturing out to explore other beautiful parts of Scotland and over the Border south on rare occasions




Click On Images to See Full Size

BarbaraFurphy's Blipfoto Journal

Friday 9 December 2011

Bamburgh Weekend

The weekend trip was arranged by  my camera club The Tweeddale Photographic Group.  Six members in all and partners ventured out on the last weekend in October, fingers crossed for fine weather. We had taken our caravan and discovered a small site with a fantastic, uninterrupted view of Bamburgh Castle
From Fowberry2
From Fowberry
By the time I met the members of the group who also arrived on the Friday the light was pretty poor and it didn’t bode well for our plans for a sunrise shoot but I did manage to capture a couple of shots with just a glimpse of the sun on the castleIMG_0001-HDR2 (2)

 Bamburgh 1-HDRPC (3)crop 

Saturday Morning.

WOW!!! Someone must have put in a good word for us, what a beautiful morning.
This was a first time I had managed to get to grips with long exposures and using a tripod. The tripod a piece of equipment I have long struggled with, I think it has had some evil intent towards me, it’s constant aim to trip me over
Bamburgh_Sunrise
We were also lucky not too many other photographers, just how lucky we did not realize until the next morning
IMG_0051
Bamburgh2011_Brabara_Furphy


IMG_0063










Amazing how quickly the stunning colours disappear once the sun lifts from the horizon IMG_0100-HDR_800

IMG_0097Bamburgh2011-HDR

We took ourselves off to Seahouses, the day had turned rather grey and uninspiring after which we all returned to our respective abodes but met up later for a smashing fish supper in Seahouses

Sunday Morning

Once again the Gods were good to us to a degree, fantastic sunrise again but this was the first day of GMT and as we were on the beach an hour earlier the tide was much higher, also the world and his wife turned up with a multitude of tripods and camera equipment
Surprised smileSurprised smileSurprised smile
This morning I tried using filters but felt a little dissatisfied with the results as all seem to have a strange hue to them but then again it was a different kind of sunrise

Bamburgh SunriseOct 2011

Blog1





blog2





Blog3
Once again after this spectacular show the rest of the day took a bit of a nosedive but we set off for Holy Island
I took this one from the CausewayCausway
I had more success on Holy Island on an earlier visit in June
All in all it was a great weekend so thank you to Stephen for all his help and guidance and also to Ruth and Jim for their hospitality
Smile

No comments: