Click On Images to See Full Size


I am just an enthusiastic photographer living in the beautiful Scottish Borders, where I simply enjoy my hobby photographing the countryside.Most of my images are taken in and around the Tweed Valley, sometimes venturing out to explore other beautiful parts of Scotland and over the Border south on rare occasions




Click On Images to See Full Size

BarbaraFurphy's Blipfoto Journal

Friday 1 October 2010

Close to Home


Close to Home
As is usual I don't have to wander far to find something of interest I really am lucky to live here
Set off down "The Batty" it's just a strip of land with old pine trees  on it and where Leithen Water runs into the River Tweed
        
After a misty morning cobwebs covered in dew festoon the grasses and hedgerows

  
Sun shining in through the trees lighting up the feathery heads of the Rose Bay Willow Herb


 Behind us the Leithen flows into the Tweed and here looking upstream to where the bridge crosses over to take you on to St Mary's Loch and the Yarrow Valley

  
Followed the path and passed under the bridge, Stopped for a natter with Robert. Last day of the Trout Fishing Season, so far he's had no luck.

 The little mound Just above the rooftops is "Windy Knowe" Where I take most photos  just about as high as I can climb at the moment and the hill behind is locally known as "Rocky"

  
Posted this on POD but this is where we cut across the field and down onto the old railway track and head for home

No comments: