Click On Images to See Full Size


I am just an enthusiastic photographer living in the beautiful Scottish Borders, where I simply enjoy my hobby photographing the countryside.Most of my images are taken in and around the Tweed Valley, sometimes venturing out to explore other beautiful parts of Scotland and over the Border south on rare occasions




Click On Images to See Full Size

BarbaraFurphy's Blipfoto Journal

Saturday 9 October 2010

Edinburgh Butterfly Farm

Set off over the Granites 
Up onto the A7 and down towards Dalkieth and to
Edinburgh's Butterfly and Insect World
at Dobbies Garden World

The Tree Nymph seemed to be the most prolific of the butterflies, they were everywhere
*

*
*

*



*

This and the Owl butterfly below were in a large case with all kinds of Pupa  hanging
had just emerged and were getting read to fly
*

*
Hecale's Longwing
*
The Glasswing
This tiny butterfly was my favourite 
* * *
Blue Morpho
This was an enormous and when 
the wings were electic blue, Stunning!!! 
*
*
* * *


These two are "Clipper" Butterfly from Malaysia & the Philipines
* * *
Malay Lacewing
*
Banded-Purplewing
*
Low's Swallotail (Female)

Scarlet Swallowtail (Male)
Not very sharp not sure what I had done wrong but the colours were stunning

* * *

This is the "Touchy Feely Corner"
The children were the best part of this corner, the little boy who was as bold as brass until the Millipede
wanted to be friends went all shy and hid behind his mum, and the little girl, had a look , screwed up her nose  
and walked away totally uninterested
*
*
I would of had a go but my hands were full of camera
*
*

*
This is just the nose of a 12stone Python, no matter how I tried I just couldn't 
get a good shot
*

*
Two rather snooty Terrapins
* * *

I had a wander around the garden center and found the duckpond, not much activity it seemed to be siesta time for them
*
*
*
Even the garden centre was quiet
*
Must go Back again soon
* * *
Some Images are not as sharp as they could be.
These were taken with a my new 90mm macro lens and I am still on a very steep learning curve LOL!!!

Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

welshrover said...

absolutely fantastic you capture every beauty of nature, and you also captured what scars men can do to such beauty with a telephone mast,will we ever learn